Hawaii day three: The wedding

Emily Herzog, Staff Writer

Today has been a long day. My sister and her fiance are officially married, they are now Jacob Farley and Madison Farley, and they couldn’t be happier. Jason’s mom came to the wedding and held Mama’s ern up for Madison to see while the ceremony was happening.

I woke up at 4 a.m. today, went back to sleep, and woke back up at 6 when Jill and Madison came downstairs. They were talking and making coffee.

After everyone was up and ready to go, we went to another pier (on Kapaa Beach) and took pictures of the two love birds as practice shots for after the wedding. It was probably a bit dangerous but Jason insisted everything would be OK.

Jason was in charge of the pictures on the rock pier because I was scared and couldn’t get past the third rock without overthinking. I still got pretty good pictures from and on the beach though.

After the first round at the beach, we came back to the condotel and got ready for the wedding. Madison talked Jill into wearing make up for the first time in 16 years. Jason had never seen her in make up until today, not even on their wedding day.

Madison and Farley got married at Smith’s Garden. It was a beautiful place full of amazing photo opportunities that I had to take advantage of, even if Madison and Farley weren’t involved in them.

The garden had many different plants, animals, and colors around it. The animals were mostly birds like chickens and doves – and a duck, however I did see one cat. I got one amazing photo of a bunch of doves surrounding a chicken, from ant’s eye view.

After the wedding we enjoys some cake at the Gardens and I got fun pictures of my new brother in law and my sister stuffing cake into each others faces, and the faces they made afterwards.

After the gardens, we were on Kapaa Beach and while Jason was taking pictures of the Farley’s, I went up, went in a few rocks, and snuck pictures of them when they were focused on Jason. The pictures I took turned out REALLY well and I’m very happy with them.

The Farley’s went on a sunset cruise after their wedding so Jason Jill and I went and looked around for a bit. We went to Glass Sand Beach (Yes, there is glass in the sand. No, not enough to cut you, just hurt you a bit) in Eleele. Then, we went to a cemetery that was just a few feet away and found the graces of Jason’s family. Even Jason was happy because he had never thought to do it before. Just before picking up the newly weds, we went to a small street fair in the town of Hanapepe, where I bought a bracelet, anklet, and Portuguese donuts calls Mal Asada, which were worth the $10 and slightly longer wait than was supposed to be. After that we picked up Madison and Farley up and came back to the condotel to go to bed.

Hawaiian Time: 9:45 p.m.

Kansas Time: 1:45 a.m.