Making this Season a Hit

Mackenzie Lillich, Staff

On August 29th the Lady Lions Varsity Tennis competed in their first match of the 2019 season at Spring Hill. Although it was not the outcome they predicted many of the girls mentioned how much they’ve enjoyed the team bond this year and work ethic.

Senior Captain, Gabriella Sarcelli saids, “I’m pumped for this year! I feel like it’s going to be a good season and I’m hoping to get some girls to go on to state.” Along with that she mentioned, “As captain I hope to make an impact on the younger girls who have more years to come. I also hope they enjoy my snack selection for the upcoming tournaments.”

The tennis team this year has welcomed many new girls from all grades. When asked how she felt about her first match, Sophomore, Alyssa Batista mentioned, “It definitely wasn’t the outcome I had hoped for but I’m very much hoping to improve throughout the season and future seasons to come.”

Captain, Gabriella Sarcelli, when asked how she believes the team is doing overall responded, “I think we’re working really well together and give each other a lot of encouragement along with motivation. I believe one thing we need to work on however would be confidence going into matches.”

With the upcoming tournaments to come the lions hope to come out with some wins and possibly in the future some players furthering onto state.