A Time and Place for Us

Yearbook+staff
Yearbook staff

Yearbook staff

Heather Waters

Heather Waters

Yearbook staff

Emily Pettis, Staff Writer

A high school yearbook is a keepsake where memories can be held and looked back upon for years to come. This years yearbook theme is a time and place for us. The yearbook staff has put lots of work into this years yearbook. Almost 1200 hours to be exact so far, and many more to come.

“The yearbook staff is just like a sports team, when everybody works together we create an amazing product. Also we are just like teams we have bumps in the road, but at the end of the day, everybody gets their work done and knows that they need to get their stuff completed,” the yearbook sponsor Mrs. Heather Waters said. “This year the staff is lead by senior Natalie Barrett and she is a great leader. She supports the team members and has done a great job of teaching them what they need to know about yearbook.”

What the yearbook staff has completed so far.

There is a color variety in this year’s yearbook, also many specials have already been made. Seniors Courtney Rexroat and Mackenzie Adams are in the DECA competition for the Herff Jones project that the Caraccilo sisters did last year. The first 375 students who bought their yearbook, got a free pura vida bracelet along with their purchase. They added in the pura vida bracelets to tie in with their project for Herff Jones. Also at the beginning of the year they had a special where the yearbook was twenty percent off. The yearbook contains full coverage of the year because this year’s yearbook will be in chronological order.

“This year’s yearbook is really special due to the fact that it is chronological order and there has already been a tremendous amount of hours put into it,” senior Natalie Barrett said. “My main goal from the beginning of the year to now is to get every single student in the book so that no one is left out and everyone can view this book as special as I did.”

Plan for the spreads.

The yearbook crew spends a lot of time together. From class time to work nights to games. There is a lot of time, hard work, and dedication put into this year’s yearbook. The staff has had some fun times and great memories this year already. At the beginning of the year they went to the Herff Jones plant to discuss the cover of the yearbook. After that, they had bonding time at Chili’s. Then to finish that day off, they went to Target to explore around the store. The yearbook staff also did Trunk or Treat and had a theme of Monsters Inc. When the yearbook had their first work night, they all brought something to eat, and while they ate music was playing and the Yerds (yearbook nerds) spent some quality time together.

“The yearbook environment is a very fun atmosphere. The yerds love to joke around with each other and dance around, as well as listen to music. They work very sufficiently to get things done so that way they can meet their deadlines,” senior honorary Yerd and student aid of that hour, Marissa Schimke. “Im so happy I got to be apart of the crew this semester.”

This years staff includes: Natalie Barrett, Maggie Bell, Courtney Rexroat, Mackenzie Adams, Tyler Kolbunicky, Megan Ernzen, Haley Linaweaver, Emily Pettis, Liz Head, Jordon Donlon, Brynne Qualley, Heidi Barber, Lenah Ferguson, and honorary Yerd Marissa Schimke. You can find your yearbook crew at any event coming soon.

To buy your yearbook go to www.yearbookordercenter.com and use code 3182. Buy a yearbook soon!