Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Kingsman: The Golden Circle premiered in London on Sep. 18, but started to circulate across the world on Sep. 22.

Brynne Qualley, Staff Writer

The producers of Kingsman: The Secret Service released the sequel that knocked IT off the top of the charts becoming the #1 movie in the world dominating the film industry with $40 million.

Matthew Vaughn, the head director, created Kingsman: The Golden Circle without repeating anything from the prequel by blowing up Kingsman Headquarters, as seen in the trailer. He also added Poppy Adams to add more depth and someone to blame for the dirty deed. Looking to take her down, the Kingsman and the Statesman, their Kentucky-based counterpart, join forces.

“The new dynamic between Eggsy and his team is great, and the Statesman prove amusing counterparts to these gentlemen spies from across the pond,” IGN reviewer Jim Vejvoda said.

Many different stars joined this million dollar movie including Channing Tatum, Julianne Moore, Halle Berry, Pedro Pascal, Jeff Bridges, and Elton John. Each of them taking an important part in almost every conflict within the movie

“Whooshing by on screen like James Bond on laughing gas,” Rolling Stones writer Peter Travers said.

The stunts produced in the film defy the laws of gravity, but don’t take away the intense action happening around them. Taron Egerton was interviewed by USA TODAY about filming the fight scenes and stunts in Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

“There’s a moment in the trailer where I leap from a car door and land on top of the roof,” Egerton said. “I can say that it was all me, there was no stuntman filling in for me and I’m particularly proud of that scene because it looks really cool.”

Loads of critics chipped in about how the overall film went and totaled the movie with a METASCORE of 44. Kingsman: The Golden Circle is surface-level entertaining and offers enough colorful diversions and solid action to merit a viewing.

Egerton has signed to a third Kingsman movie already, but won’t give up any details about the plot except that it “subverts all expectations.”