Filed under News

School-Wide Wake Up Call

The students of Lansing High gather outside in the courtyard on Tuesday Nov. 15, as the ringing went on throughout the halls.

By: Mykala Caraccilo

On Tuesday Nov. 16, the students of Lansing High got a wake up call during second and third hour.

“It made me wonder what was going on and it got really old really fast,” junior Tyler Kobulnicky said.

When the drug dogs came around on Tuesday towards the end of second hour, the office knew they would be searching over the end of the class period time, so they decided to hold the classes. Because of this, they turned the bell system off to have students refrain from going to their third hour classes.

“I got kinda scared, I thought someone was going to shoot up the school,” senior Brooke Holcomb said. “But it kinda had a nice beat to it, and then the drug dogs were here. I thought someone might’ve gotten busted.”

When the search was over and it was finally time for students to move onto their third hours, the office turned the bell system back on, hoping for a normal recovery. Contrary to their belief though, something had gone wrong, and the bells were out of control. There was a constant, very loud beeping that went on over the intercom for approximately 20 minutes. This malfunction was so bad that teachers had to bring their classes out into the courtyard to escape from the madness.

“I was already taking my class outside anyways because it was community service day, so we were going to beautify the school,” business teacher, Dustin Myers said. “But it was nice to get away from the ringing.”

Although such a disruption had occurred on Nov. 16 throughout the halls of Lansing High School, no one had figured out what exactly had happened to make it occur. Whatever happened, though, it soon got resolved and students and teachers could go back to their normal school day.