Filed under Sports

Boys Soccer Fights to Defend Home Turf

The team huddles together as an  injured player is being taken off the field on Thursday, September 22.  The Lansing Lions boy's soccer team was playing KC Christian on their home turf.

The team huddles together as an injured player is being taken off the field on Thursday, September 22. The Lansing Lions boy's soccer team was playing KC Christian on their home turf. "I think we were the better technical team, but we couldn't find that back net," said senior, captain, William Clark. "We got unlucky hitting the cross bar, but it shows that we need to work hard on finishing at practice."

By: Marie Caraccilo & Mykala Caraccilo

Lansing vs. Turner

On Tuesday, Sept. 20, the Lansing Lions Boys Soccer team claimed another victory with a dominating score of 9-0. One highlight within the game was junior Jarred Edward’s goal, which earned him the team vote of Varsity Man of the Match. Edwards crushed the ball into the lower left corner of the goal, barely soaring past the post. Another highlight from the match was junior Ethan Reinhold’s two sequential goals. The entire team fought hard until the very end to defend their home turf, which resulted in a stand-out performance over Turner. Go Lions!

Marie Caracciolo

Lansing vs. KC Christian 

On Thursday, Sept. 23, the Lansing Boys Soccer team took on the KC Christian Panthers with a fight that led them to a loss of 1-2 in overtime.  The Lions started off strong when junior Victor Choi scored on a penalty kick in the first half of the game.  The Lions had many shots on goal, some of which just barely didn’t go in.  The team put up a good fight, which ended in a great match, even though the score was not in their favor.