Filed under News

Thursday, March 31

DISTRICT CANNED FOOD DRIVE

WE DID IT!!!  13,303 ITEMS (AND STILL COUNTING)!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!!!

GIRLS’ SWIM

Congratulations to the Girls’ Swim Team for their great performance at their first meet of the year in Lawrence.  Highlights include:

·         2nd place team finish

·         Too many lifetime bests to list

·         6 state qualifiers

·         2 consideration times

·         1 new school record

JROTC

ALL JROTC students (excluding seniors) need to see Mrs. Hamilton concerning next year’s enrollment.

MOVING???

If you will be moving over the summer and not returning to Lansing High School, please see Mrs. Hamilton in the guidance office no later than Friday, April 8th.

AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH

April is Autism Awareness Month.  The Puzzle Club will be selling the blue Lansing Autism Awareness shIrts at lunch through Friday, April 1st for $10.  Don’t be left out on the spirit day Monday, April 4th.  Purchase your blue Autism Awareness shirt TODAY!!

TALENT SHOW

Coming VERY soon!!!  The Annual LHS Talent Show!  TONIGHT–Thursday, March 31st, come to the LHS Auditorium and see your friends AND favorite staff members show their unique talents onstage.  It will be an entertaining night for all!  Show begins at 7 PM and is $5 for everyone.

ASTRONOMY CLUB

There is a new club—the Astronomy Club—that will be meeting TODAY–Thursday, March 31st after school in Mr. Stevenson’s room 1106.  Any level of interest in astronomy is welcome to this first planning session.

STAFF PROM COURT

It’s that time of year again!  Staff Prom Court voting is here!  There are 11 find contestants and you can vote for them with your spare change at lunch through Friday, April 8th.

LANSING SEA LIONS

Come join the new summer swim team—the Lansing Sea Lions!!  It is open to ages 6-18 years old.  Registration begins on April 1st.  Cost is $75 per student; $50 for 3rd registration.  For registration information, please email Amy Crumpacker at lansingsealions@gmail.com

OUT OF SCHOOL DATE FORM (PROM)

If you are a junior or senior and wish to bring an out of school date to prom, the out of school date form is available for pick up in the attendance office.  The form is due by Tuesday, April 5th.

VIDEO GAME CLUB

The Video Game Club will meeting every Wednesday after school in the library through April 13th.

OPGRAD

Lansing OpGrad ’16 is now accepting pictures for the Senior Slideshow.  The slideshow will be shown during Senior Awards Night and during the OpGrad festivities.  Email any (APPROPRIATE) photos (from babyhood through senior year!) to the address below!

Opgradphotoslide2016@gmail.com

YEARBOOKS

Online yearbook sales have closed and there are fewer than 100 yearbooks left for sale.  All sales will be first come first serve.  Please see Mrs. Hauver in the finance office to purchase.  The cost is $65.  This is the last chance to get a copy of the 2015-16 Lion Yearbook.

CAFETERIA MENU CHANGES

Lunch:

·         Thursday, March 31st—Sweet and Sour Chicken with rice and egg rolls/NO crispitos/sub sandwiches instead

SPIRIT DAYS

·         Friday, April 1st:  America!

Brought to you by the Girls’ Soccer Team

·         Monday, April 4th:  Wear Powder Blue for Autism Awareness

Brought to you by the Puzzle Club

·         Friday, April 8th:  KC Royals’ Day

Brought to you by the Boys’ Baseball Team

COLLEGE VISITS

The following colleges/universities will be visiting LHS.  Please sign up no later than the day before the scheduled visit in the guidance office.

·         Tuesday, April 5th—Iowa State University