Filed under News

Wednesday, March 30

JROTC

ALL JROTC students (excluding seniors) need to see Mrs. Hamilton concerning next year’s enrollment.

MOVING???

If you will be moving over the summer and not returning to Lansing High School, please see Mrs. Hamilton in the guidance office no later than Friday, April 8th.

DISTRICT CANNED FOOD DRIVE

8,159 cans collected so far!!!!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH

April is Autism Awareness Month.  The Puzzle Club will be selling the blue Lansing Autism Awareness shIrts at lunch TODAY, Wednesday, March 30th through Friday, April 1st for $10.  Don’t be left out on the spirit day Monday, April 4th.  Purchase your blue Autism Awareness shirt TODAY!!

STAFF PROM COURT

It’s that time of year again!  Staff Prom Court voting is here!  There are 11 find contestants and you can vote for them with your spare change at lunch through Friday, April 8th.

LIONETTES

The clinics for tryouts are TODAY, Wednesday, March 30th and tomorrow, Thursday, March 31st from 4:00-5:30 PM at the LES gym.  The tryouts are Friday, April 1st beginning at 4:00 PM in the LES gym.

–The Lionettes are also looking for a media/PR team manager.  If you are interested, please email Miss Black at Allison.black@usd469.net TODAY–Wednesday, March 30th.

3 ON 3 TOURNAMENT

Due to only one team signing up for the 3-on-3 Tournament, the tournament scheduled for TODAY–Wednesday, March 30th has been cancelled.

TALENT SHOW

Coming VERY soon!!!  The Annual LHS Talent Show!  This Thursday, March 31st, come to the LHS Auditorium and see your friends AND favorite staff members show their unique talents onstage.  It will be an entertaining night for all!  Show begins at 7 PM and is $5 for everyone.

ASTRONOMY CLUB

There is a new club—the Astronomy Club—that will be meeting on Thursday, March 31st after school in Mr. Stevenson’s room 1106.  Any level of interest in astronomy is welcome to this first planning session.

LANSING SEA LIONS

Come join the new summer swim team—the Lansing Sea Lions!!  It is open to ages 6-18 years old.  Registration begins on April 1st.  Cost is $75 per student; $50 for 3rd registration.  For registration information, please email Amy Crumpacker at lansingsealions@gmail.com

OUT OF SCHOOL DATE FORM (PROM)

If you are a junior or senior and wish to bring an out of school date to prom, the out of school date form is available for pick up in the attendance office.  The form is due by Tuesday, April 5th.

VIDEO GAME CLUB

The Video Game Club will meeting every Wednesday after school in the library through April 13th.

OPGRAD

Lansing OpGrad ’16 is now accepting pictures for the Senior Slideshow.  The slideshow will be shown during Senior Awards Night and during the OpGrad festivities.  Email any (APPROPRIATE) photos (from babyhood through senior year!) to the address below!

Opgradphotoslide2016@gmail.com

YEARBOOKS

Online yearbook sales have closed and there are fewer than 100 yearbooks left for sale.  All sales will be first come first serve.  Please see Mrs. Hauver in the finance office to purchase.  The cost is $65.  This is the last chance to get a copy of the 2015-16 Lion Yearbook.

CAFETERIA MENU CHANGES

Lunch:

·         Wednesday, March 30th—BBQ Rib Sandwich and Doritos/Big Daddy’s pepperoni or cheese pizza

·         Thursday, March 31st—Sweet and Sour Chicken with rice and egg rolls/NO crispitos/sub sandwiches instead

SPIRIT DAYS

·         Friday, April 1st:  America!

Brought to you by the Girls’ Soccer Team

·         Monday, April 4th:  Wear Powder Blue for Autism Awareness

Brought to you by the Puzzle Club

·         Friday, April 8th:  KC Royals’ Day

Brought to you by the Boys’ Baseball Team

COLLEGE VISITS

The following colleges/universities will be visiting LHS.  Please sign up no later than the day before the scheduled visit in the guidance office.

·         Tuesday, April 5th—Iowa State University