Tuesday, November 10, 2015

No school tomorrow, Nov. 11, in honor of Veteran’s Day.

YEARBOOKS

Parents of Seniors: Ordering senior tribute ads for yearbook just got easier. The online ordering form can be found at http://goo.gl/forms/GkwbO8uK2M order online and pay at the school. Photos can be brought in to the main office or emailed to heather.waters@usd469.net Check www.manelineonline.com for yearbook updates.  Senior yearbook ads are due to Mrs. Waters no later than December 4th.

WEIGHT ROOM

–The weight room will be closed THIS WEEK (November 9th-13th) due to dead week.  Please lift and condition on your own.

–The weight room will be closed after school next week (November 16th-20th) due to the start of winter sports.  AM times are at the normal start time of 6:45 AM.  Please go out for a winter sport!!

WRESTLING

Alpha weigh-ins will be TODAY–Tuesday, November 10th immediately after school in the locker room.  You have to weigh in if you are planning to wrestle this year.

–All wrestlers who have not had their IMPACT test done need to see Julie in the training room after alpha weigh-ins TODAY!!

POWDERRUFF VOLLEYBALL

The Kays’ Club is sponsoring the PowderRUFF Volleyball Game TODAY–Tuesday, November 10th in the Main Gym.  Senior boys versus junior boys!  Sign-up sheets are in the office.

GIRLS’ SWIMMING

There will be a meeting for any girl interested in swimming in the spring on Thursday, November 12th after school in the pool area.

FILM CLUB

LHS is starting up a Film Club.  There is a meeting for any student interested in joining on Thursday, November 12th after school in Mr. Simmons’ room (Room 112).

POWEDERPUFF FOOTBALL

Due to a lack of permission slips and physical forms being turned in, Powderpuff Football (Thursday, November 12th) has been postponed until the spring semester.

KAYS’ CLUB

The November Kays’ Club meeting will be Friday, November 13th in the commons during CCR to discuss Saturday’s Dodgeball Tournament and upcoming projects.

POWERLIFTING

There is a Powerlifting meeting on Friday, November 13th during CCR in the gym.

FRENCH CLUB

There is a French Club meeting on Friday, November 13th during CCR in Madame Clyde’s room 1109.

BOYS’ BASKETBALL

There is a boys’ basketball meeting on Friday, November 13th during CCR in room 2212 (Coach Briggs’ room).  

GIRLS’ BASKETBALL

There will be a girls’ basketball meeting on Friday, November 13th during CCR in the library. 

KAYS’ DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT

Can you dodge a wrench?  The Kays’ Fall Dodgeball Tournament is Saturday, November 14th at noon in the main gym.  $5 per person and 6 players per team.  Team sign-ups will be available in the office next week.

WINTER SPORTS

Practice for winter sports (boys’ and girls’ basketball, boys’ swimming, wrestling, bowling) begins on Monday, November 16th.  You must have a completed physical on file in order to begin practice.

PING PONG TOURNAMENT

On Wednesday, November 18th, there is a Ping Pong Tournament from 3:30-5:30 PM in the commons.  There will be a singles ($2 per player) and a doubles division ($5 per team).  Sign up in the office until Tuesday, November 17th.

SPRING PLAY

Auditions for the Spring Play, “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” by William Shakespeare, will take place Wednesday, December 9th and Thursday, December 10th from 3:45-5:00 PM in Room 2610 (Drama/Skills).  Rehearsals will begin immediately following Winter Break on Monday, January 4th.  Performances are Thursday, March 3rd and Saturday, March 5th.  All are welcome to audition!  Questions?  See Ms. Hambleton or Mr. McCord.

SPIRIT DAYS

The spirit days for November are:

Friday, November 13th—Dress to Impress

Brought to you by Debate

Thursday, November 19th—Dramatic Dress Day (Dress like an actor or character from a show or movie)

Brought to you by Theater Club

Friday, November 20th—Bad Picture Day

Brought to you by Yearbook

MILITARY BRANCH VISITS

The following branches of the military will be visiting during lunch time for those students who have an interest in or questions about military service.

·         Army—Monday, November 16th

·         Marines—Tuesday, November 17th

COLLEGE VISITS (SENIORS)

The following colleges have scheduled visits in the month of October/November.  Interested seniors may sign up in the Guidance Office.

·         Highland Community College Tech Center—Thursday, November 12th

·         K-State—Friday, November 13th

·         Missouri Southern—Tuesday, November 17th

·         Washburn (rescheduled visit)—Thursday, November 19th

·         Bellus Hair Academy (lunch visit)—Thursday, November 19th

OPGRAD

–Due to a lower than expected return, we have extended the deadline for the raffle ticket sales until Monday, November 23rd.  Please return your sold ticket stubs and money collected and/or your unsold tickets to the main office or the attendance office by the deadline.  Questions? Contact: Lions2016Raffle@gmail.com

–OpGrad Senior Wear has come in and been handed out.  If by some chance you didn’t get your order, please contact Mr. Holland in Rm 3117.

AP GOVERNMENT (SPRING 2016)

If you plan on taking AP Government in the spring, please stop by Mrs. LaGree’s room (2217) to get the Google Classroom code for the work that needs to be done BEFORE the semester begins.