Friday, Oct. 30, 2015

BLOOD DRIVE

The Kayettes are sponsoring a blood drive on Tuesday, November 10th.  If you want to donate blood, please sign up during your lunch in the commons TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO SIGN UP AT LUNCH.

MODEL UN

There is a Model UN meeting in Room 3503 TODAY–Friday, October 30th during CCR. Please bring your iPad.

SENIOR JOSTEN’S ORDERS

Jostens’ orders are due at lunch TODAY–Friday, October 30th.  Remember you need to make a $60 deposit unless your order is less than $60, then you pay it in full. 

NO SHAVE NOVEMBER

If you are participating in No Shave November, you need to see Mrs. LaGree TODAY in Room 2217.

TRUNK OR TREAT FOR KIDS

Leadership is putting on the annual “Trunk or Treat for Kids” on Saturday, October 31st from 2-4 PM in the teacher’s parking lot (Southwest Lot).

NHS

All current members and inductees will meet next Tuesday, November 3rd during CCR in the auditorium for a mandatory practice.

POWEDERPUFF FOOTBALL

The annual Powderpuff Football Game will take place on Thursday, November 12th at 4 PM at the Lansing High School football stadium.  Everyone is welcome to attend.  Those junior and senior girls who are participating need to turn in their permission slips and physicals by Friday, November 6th to the main office.

BOYS’ BASKETBALL

There is a boys’ basketball meeting on Friday, November 13th during CCR in room 2212 (Coach Briggs’ room).

MILITARY BRANCH VISITS

The following branches of the military will be visiting during lunch time for those students who have an interest in or questions about military service.

• Army—Monday, November 2nd
  • Air Force—Tuesday, November 3rd and Thursday, November 5th
  • Kansas National Guard—Friday, November 6th
  • Navy—Monday, November 9th
  • Army—Monday, November 16th
  • Marines—Tuesday, November 17th

COLLEGE VISITS (SENIORS)

The following colleges have scheduled visits in the month of October/November.  Interested seniors may sign up in the Guidance Office.

• Morningside College—Tuesday, November 10th
  • Highland Community College Tech Center—Thursday, November 12th
  • K-State—Friday, November 13th
  • Missouri Southern—Tuesday, November 17th
  • Washburn (rescheduled visit)—Thursday, November 19th
  • Bellus Hair Academy (lunch visit)—Thursday, November 19th

AP GOVERNMENT (SPRING 2016)

If you plan on taking AP Government in the spring, please stop by Mrs. LaGree’s room (2217) to get the Google Classroom code for the work that needs to be done BEFORE the semester begins.

SCHOLARSHIPS (SENIORS)

Seniors:  scholarship opportunities are being posted to the guidance website.  Check it often!  Don’t miss out on this opportunities!!!

YEARBOOKS

Senior yearbook ads are due to Mrs. Waters no later than December 4th.

POOL

–The Pool is now open in the morning and evening for lap swim.  The morning time is 6-7:30 AM and the evening is 6:30-8 PM.  There is no charge for LHS students and faculty/staff.  All others are $3 per visit.  Please enter through Door #6.

–We are still looking for lifeguards for the pool.  Fill out an application online at the district website.

TECHNOLOGY HELP

Follow us at @LLAppleCorp to keep up to date on technology issues and to ask for help with anything technology! We’re here for you 24/7.